One of my biggest pet peeves: Bathrooms in restaurants that don't say men and women. They say stupid things like Lambs and Dingos (Longhorn), Shielas and Blokes (Outback) these are among a few of the ones that I've seen recently. Why can't they just say MEN/WOMEN? Drives me insane.
So Mike and I have been mulling over some names for our future baby. This is freaking hard! I keep thinking to myself, this is the name that this kid has to live with for the rest of his/hers life. What if I pick the wrong one? What if my child becomes the one in school that everyone picks on because of the name? I'm terrified that I will pick one and then regret it. GRRRRRR!!!! Anyone know of the magical name that everyone will like?
We made Tators first website, go check it out. We will update as things progress.
Its a dreary Wednesday in St. Louis. Cold, Windy, Rainy, Blah!!! We were exceptionally slow in the office today so I left to come home and do laundry, housework and get some stuff posted on Ebay. Does anyone use Ebay? It's seriously addictive. I have sold a few things on there and bought a lot more. Selling stuff is great! I get rid of my old crap and earn a few bucks in the process.
Christmas was good, I'm glad its over. Now comes the time to drag all the boxes back up from the basement and begin the disassembling of my house. The house always looks so boring once the tree and all the decor is packed back in its boxes for another year. Now is the time that I will start bugging Mike to redecorate, Paint, buy new furniture ect. Anything to liven up this joint.
UPDATE: Tator is doing well. We are in our 9th week and so far everything has been great. We go back to the doctor on Jan 16 and should be able to hear the heartbeat then. In March we will hopefully find out what we are having, right around St. Patricks day. I can't wait for that. I'm still not showing much, there is a little pooch but not enough to start wearing Maternity clothes yet. It won't be long though. I've just started my 3rd month and everyone keeps telling me that by my 4th I will finally start to look pregnant.
Have you ever had one of those days that just plan sucks? Today is that day. I can't go into details but I'm to the point that I want to run away and join a Buddhist camp. Doesn't that sound great? No choosing what to wear (they all wear those brown dresses), don't have to do my hair (they are all bald), no worrying about bills or people bitching about stuff.....Okay, maybe that would be a little drastic but I swear I'm running away somewhere if tomorrow is rotten too.
On a good note, I finally after a year of bitching about it got my husband to clean out his closet. You find the weirdest things when you do that. We found a hammer, 4 "drunkfest hats", we thought had been lost to the river gods, a wig/hat that looks like a high reggee guy wore it(dread locks, pot leaf on it ect), old lab coats from Mikes days in College (16 years ago), a piece of bread (I have no idea), a Switzerland T-Shirt from about 9 years ago and a small alien named Bob.
Mike and I just finished watching The Dukes of Hazzard ( the movie). Not real impressed with that one. My husband did mention several times that Jessica Simpson was smoking....not a good thing to a pregnant lady who is bloated and swollen. It was short and not so sweet.
This morning was our first ultrasound and we got to see the baby and the heartbeat. It was so awesome to see that. I've been so worried that something was wrong, I'm such a worry wart, always have to have something to worry about.
Anyways, the pics come out great, it's little heart is beating. That was so cool to see the heart beating. 140bpm, pretty fast little sucker. Here a couple of the pics:
So tonight is going to be the first snow for us here in the St. Louis area. I'm so excited. I love snow. I love to watch it fall, sitting in my house with a nice cup of hot tea or coffee...ahhh, how relaxing.
Today was the first doctors appointment. Everything went well. We got checked out, drew some blood (yuck), and told me that the estimated due date (EDD) is July 31, 2006. Next week we go back for the first ultrasound. I can't wait for that. I think that is when it will become real to me, when I actually see something. Right now, I'm just extremely tired and my pants are getting a little tight, other than that, I wouldn't know I was pregnant.
Today is also our 3rd anniversary today, the day of infamy: Here's a pic of our wedding day, it still isn't framed after this long. Nothing like waiting 3 years, huh?
1) Was 2005 a good year for you? Mostly good, only a few bad moments
2) What was your favorite moment of the year? Probably being the night before Thanksgiving, when Mike and I found out that we are expecting our first child together.
3) What was your least favorite moment of the year? Being sick for 2 months at the first of the year and being confined to my house the whole time.
4) Where were you when 2005 began? at my cousins house with a bunch of friends.
5) Who were you with? all my good friends and some I don't know
6) Where will you be when 2005 ends? Not quite sure yet but probably some hotel
7) Who will you be with when 2005 ends? Most of my friends
8) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2005? nope, never do, I don't do new years resolutions anymore.
9) Do you have a new years resolution for 2006? have not thought that far yet
10) Did you fall in love in 2005? just more in love with my hubby
11) Do you regret it? Never
12) Did you breakup with anyone in 2005? nope
13) Did you make any new friends in 2005? yes I did
14) Who are your favorite new friends? I don't have favorites I love them all.
15) What was your favorite month of 2005? November
16) Did you travel outside of the US in 2005? yes, Playa Del Carmen
17) How many different states did you travel to in 2005? I don't think any,
18) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2005? no, and I hope it stays that way
19) Did you miss anybody in the past year? No
20) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2005? thats hard I can't even remember some of the movies
21) What was your favorite song from 2005? BANANAS...thats for Emily
22) What was your favorite record from 2005? ??
23) How many concerts did you see in 2005? Nada
24) Did you have a favorite concert in 2005? nope
25) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2005? Yea, up until I found out that I was preggers.
26) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2005? no way,
27) How many people did you sleep with in 2005? Just one?
28) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year? Oh lets see, I'm sure there was something I stupid I did...
29) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2005? ????
30) Did you treat somebody badly in 2005? I probably did
31) Did anyone treat you badly in 2005? I'm not sure, maybe
32) How much money did you spend in 2005? too much to even think of
33) What was your proudest moment of 2005? Realizing that I have a wonderful family and that I'm married to the most awesome man in the world.
34) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2005? don't know
35) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2005 and change something, what would it be? To not jump in to things too fast. I am very impetuous and don't like to think about things before I jump in with both feet.
36) What are your plans for 2006? Living my life the way its supposed to be, enjoying being a mother for the first time.
Over the weekend, we decorated a tree at my brothers house in his garage. My brother comes outside with a little potatoe that he had drawn a face on. He said that it was tator and hung him on the tree. I thought that was so funny!
Apparently there are side effects to pregnancy, one of them being, becoming a crazy, stark raving mad lunatic. Here I am in the grocery store, standing in line behind Ole Betty Blue and her hubby, when the lady behind me starts whining. Apparently, the old people had a raincheck for something and the cashier had no idea what to do with it. She had to call the manager who came over and fixed it. Took about oh, 3 minutes, not a big deal. The wench behind me started sighing loudly, swearing under her breath and just being annoying. I don't have the patience for annoying people these days, thanks to all these hormones raging through me. Anyway, I so wanted to throw my grapefruit at her and tell her to shut the F**k up.
My husband thinks its funny to annoy the piss out of me. He knows I'm very temperamental right now and loves to push my buttons. Just wait until our 2 month gets the poos at 2 in the morning, guess who is going to be getting up with that? He will get his dues.
Here is something else that is driving me nuts. All these books and websites I've been reading have me so flippin paranoid right now. They all tell you not to eat deli meats, peanut butter, caffiene or a lot of salty food. I'm sorry but the last thing I want to eat right now, is a nice bowl of lettuce. It's amazing how much food you can consume when pregnant. I know you are eating for two but good Lord. I've eaten so many chocolate chip cookies, I sometimes wonder if I will give birth to one.
Whoever reads this blog, you are in for one bumpy ride. The next nine months should bring a side of me that nobody will ever want to see again, including me.
So this is the name Mike and I came up with until we know if it is a boy or girl...Tator. I know it's a little weird but I needed to call it something. So from now on, when I mention Tator, you know what I'm talking about and it's not just a weird obsession with potatoes.
Last night sucked! I don't know why but my legs were crampy and I couldn't sleep worth a crap. You don't realize how much you love your sleep until its interrupted a dozen times with crampy legs and the 20 trips to the bathroom to pee.(one of the side effects of being pregnant, so I hear.) I've mastered the ability to crawl out of bed, cross the dark bedroom, go to the bathroom, stop for a drink of water, crawl back into bed, all without even opening my eyes.
I've discovered that this pregnancy is bringing things out of me that I didn't know existed. I think I'm a pretty mild mannered person, but ask my husband what happens when you won't stop pestering me. I've also discovered that this brings on a whole new meaning to shopping. I mean, there are all kinds of stores that I've never been in before that I get to explore now. All the baby stores and maternity stores....This is going to be so much fun.
One more thing, I've noticed that since I found out about Tator, it seems everyone around me is PG. You don't notice it until it happens to you. I guess the same goes with anything, buy a new red car and suddenly it seems that everyone in the world is driving a red car.
So last Wed. I have feeling a little blah...Meaning I thought I was coming down with the flu. I then realized that I was 2 days late....Sent the hubby to the store and guess what...I was pregnant! I was shocked and a little excited, mostly just shocked. I mean we hadn't really been trying but we were not really preventing. I couldn't believe that we were really going to have a baby.
It's been hard getting used to all the things that go along with pregnancy. No drinking, being tired ALL the time, peeing ALL the time and being the most emotionally unstable person ever. Take Sat night for example. We went out for my birthday downtown and went to this dinner theater. Very cool! Afterwards, I was ready for my bed but everyone else wanted to stay and party. Not a big deal, several people had drove. I freaked out because I was afraid everyone was going to be mad at me for wanting to leave.....They of course all stayed, nobody was mad, except the pregnant lady!
This is going to be a long 9 months. We have our first doctors appt next week, so hopefully we will get to see something.
So day one of my birthday celebration was last night. I made a pot of Spaghetti, ceaser salad and garlic toast. Invited my friend Dave over and myself and my hubby drank 2 bottles of wine, ate our "sghetti" and drank some coffee and bailys. The boys enjoyed a nice cigar on the back porch in the freezing cold.
Day 2 begins today with a little work in the office, then off to West County mall to do a little birthday shopping for my birthday outfit for Saturday night.
Heres a funny picture I found of myself last night, Junior Year, curly permed hair, basketball cheerleader, lovely yes????
Here is an email I received from my hubby that says it all from George Carlin.
"Been sitting here with my ass in a wad, wanting to speak out about the bullshit going on in New Orleans. Here goes:
For the people of New Orleans... First we would like to say, Sorry for your loss. With that said, Let's go through a few hurricane rules: (Unlike an earthquake, we know it's coming)
#1. A mandatory evacuation means just that...Get the hell out. Don't blame the Government after they tell you to go. If they hadn't said anything, I can see the argument. They said get out... If you didn't, it's your fault, not theirs. (We don't want to hear it, even if you don't have a car, you can get out.)
#2. If there is an emergency, stock up on water and non-perishables. If you didn't do this, it's not the Government's fault you're starving.
#2a. If you run out of food and water, find a store that has some. (Remember, shoes, TV's, DVD's and CD's are not edible. Leave them alone.)
#2b. If the local store has been looted of food or water, leave your neighbor's TV and stereo alone. (See #2a) They worked hard to get their stuff. Just because they were smart enough to leave during a mandatory evacuation, doesn't give you the right to take their stuff...It's theirs, not yours.
#3. If someone comes in to help you, don't shoot at them and then complain no one is helping you. I'm not getting shot to help save some dumbass who didn't leave when told to do so.
#4. If you are in your house that is completely under water, your belongings are probably too far gone for anyone to want them. If someone does want them, let them have them and hopefully they'll die in the filth. Just leave! (It's New Orleans, find a voodoo warrior and put a curse on them.)
#5. My tax money should not pay to rebuild a 2 million dollar house, a sports stadium or a floating casino. Also, my tax money shouldn't go to rebuild a city that is under sea level. You wouldn't build your house on quicksand would you? You want to live below sea-level, do your country some good and join the Navy.
#6. Regardless of what the Poverty Pimps Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton want you to believe, The US Government didn't create the Hurricane as a way to eradicate the black people of New Orleans; (Neither did Russia as a way to destroy America). The US Government didn't cause global warming that caused the hurricane (We've been coming out of an ice age for over a million years).
#7. The government isn't responsible for giving you anything. This is the land of the free and the home of the brave, but you gotta work for what you want. McDonalds and Wal-Mart are always hiring, get a damn job and stop spooning off the people who are actually working for a living.
President Kennedy said it best..."Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
He always finds a way to say things that all of us are thinking but can't figure out how to. He is so right. I get so tired of people bitching and moaning about their situation but do nothing to get out of it. Take some responsibility and stop blaming everyone around you for your problems.
I have a relative that is 30 something. This particular person had some bad shit happen to him growing up. (who didn't?) To this day, he blames everything that happens to him on his past. "It's the way I grew up, I can't help but be this way." EXCUSE ME???? You are 30 something freaking years old have 3 children, who you never see, have abandoned your wife, totally fucked up your life and this is all to blame on your rotten childhood? If everyone in the country blamed their problems on some crappy thing that happened in their childhood, we would all be crack whores and drug dealers living in the slums.
I wish people would just take the responsibility that just maybe YOU caused your life to be the way it is. And if you don't like it, then change it.
How do men not wake themselves up snoring? I'm sitting here on the computer, my hubby is sawing away in the living room.
I'm getting prepared to host my sister and her family for Thanksgiving. She has 4 boys, good boys, but none the less, boys. I don't have children, I have two cats, they sleep all day. Lord help me!
If you live anywhere in the Midwest, I'm sure you are in the same boat as I am. I knew it was supposed to get cold here but holy crap. This morning I left to go to the gym and about froze my booty off. It was freaking cold. Right now, its 14 degrees. What happened to fall? We went straight to winter. Bring on the snow Mother Nature.
So the past 4 days was the pits. My personal trainer was on vacation so apprently to my mind that meant I was too. Thursday started off pretty good but ended with a fat feast at Cheveys Tex-Mex and then Karaoke. Friday again started off pretty good but again ended in a beer drinking Hooters, and a pictionary war. Saturday was technically my day off but since I was bad the other 2 days I was good all day. But again by evening the evil voice in my head took over and I gorged myself on ITtalian, beer and shots. Spent the evening listening to my Uncle's band.
Yesterday was a day of football, too bad the RAMS sucked. I came home early and watched the 2nd half of Category 7: The end of the world. What a stupid ass movie. I can't beleive that I spend 4 hours of my life watching this lame ass movie. I loved the part that by simply turning off the power to the entire city of DC that could dissolve a storm. WTF?????
The weather has finally taken a turn for winter. It is raining and dreary hear today. I talked to my mother who is in northern Iowa, they had tornados on Saturday and its snowing today. Now that is messed up.
I was sitting at the house reading the local paper trying to get in my daily news, when I came across this story. Apparently, this highly intelligent woman (dumb ass) decided that it would be a good idea to take a short cut across the railroad tracks. Now mind you, the crosswalk was only about 100 yards from the women. She also had in tow her 3 children. Instead of taking the extra 5 minutes and walking the distance, she decides to duck under the train and instructed her children to do the same. Unfortunately, as the last child was "ducking under", the train lurched forward and severed the young girls arm. What the hell was she thinking? It's so amazing to me that she actually thought it would be a good idea to do this, let alone let her children do it. People should have to have some sort of test done before they can conceive to make sure their brains work.
While I'm bitching, here's something else that drives me insane. People that refuse to look before stepping off the curb into traffic. I understand that pedestrians have the right of way, but when I'm already half way through the crosswalk and you decide to step out in front of me, excuse me if I run over your ass. Whatever happened to "look both ways before you cross the street?" I actually had a women yell at me and give me the finger, when she walked in front of my car. I was in the middle of the crosswalk when she started to cross.
Same thing goes for people on bicycles in intersections. A couple of years ago I was making a right hand turn in the subdivision, when this schmuck on his bike on the sidewalk approached. I was halfway into the subdivision and instead of the biker stopping, he kept going and ran into the back of my car. He yelled at me that he had the right of way. I so wanted to go back and run him and his crappy bike over.
I broke the cardinal sin of dieting and got on the scale today. What an exciting day in my house! I've lost 6lbs!! Doing the happy dance! It won't be long now and I will be looking like this..
Okay, so maybe not so much like Jessica, but a girl can dream right.
So this past weekend we went to my Cousins country house. They do this once a year, guns, clayshooting, hayride, chili, beer and a huge kick ass bonfire. Everything was fine up until the point that the torrential downpour from hell came upon us. One minute we are sitting around the fire, roasting marshmallows and the next we are running for our lives from the onslaught of wind, rain and leaves. Now, 2 weekends ago, I fell and sprained my ankle. Since then I've been hobbling around. Combine that with 1/2 case of beer, high heel boots, rain and attempting to run, guess who fell face first into the mud? Ding, Ding, Ding, if you guessed me. It was actually pretty funny, I haven't had mud and grass stains on me like that since I was a kid.
luckily we all made it safe into the barn and I didn't hurt myself anymore than I already had.
I'm off to the gym for my Tuesday night cardio session and then back home to watch House MD. (One of the best shows!!)
Our 3rd annual Halloween party.Check out the website for more pictures.. It was a crazy night and I lived to tell about it. I did strain my ankle which sucks a bit. The only good thing about that is that my personal trainer, Killer Keith, can't punish me as hard as he has been. No running in place or jumping jacks for this girl. I'm only allowed to do weight machines and the bike.
On a good note, I've lost 5lbs since starting this program. It's exciting to finally see some changes. I don't have much patience so if things don't happen fast I get a little pissy.
So the weather I've decided is bi-polar. It is worse than a woman. Today it was almost 80 degrees. A week ago, I had frost in my yard. I love this time of year, my favorite time of year actually. I love the chill in the air, the colorful leaves, the yummy food that comes along with fall. I just hate the temp changes. My body doesn't like it either. I've been in a constant state of sickness since the end of Sept. Figure it out would ya, Mother Nature!! You are starting to piss me off!!!
____________________________________________ I got up off my lazy ass today and did some fall cleaning. It was a beautiful day out so I decided to take advantage of it. I got out the cleaning supplies and washed windows inside and out. Cleaned all the cobwebs off the porch and hosed down the screens and front mat. I only broke one screen trying to get the stubborn piece of shit back in. Why do they make the screens smaller than the window? They were near impossible to get out and twice as hard to put them back in. I did make my 7 year nephew help me. I was babysitting today and thought it would be good for him to sweat a little. Sitting in front of the X-Box all day is frying their little minds!!
1. Nervous habits – picking my lip 2. Are you double jointed - nope. 3. Can you roll your tongue - no 4. Can you raise one eyebrow at a time – sorta of 5. Can you blow spit bubbles - no 6. Can you cross your eyes - Yes. 7. Tattoos - no 8. Piercing - just my ears 9. Do you make your bed daily – no…waste of time.
10. Which shoe goes on first – Right…most of the time 11. Speaking of shoes, have you ever thrown one at anyone? - Um, I think I've thrown a flip flop at someone on the float trip 12. On the average, how much money do you carry - 40 bucks. 13. What jewelry do you wear – wedding ring, earrings, bracelets, sometimes a necklace 14. Favorite piece of clothing – something comfy..
15. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it – both, depends on where we are. 16. Have you ever eaten Spam – yes, I used to love that stuff as a kid…yup. 17. Do you use extra salt on your food – no 18. How many cereals in your cabinet - probably a dozen or so. My husband is obsessed with cereal 19. What's your favorite beverage – Diet Coke or Diet Dr. Pepper but I drink lots of water too. Sn...where the hell did 20 go? 21. Do you cook – yes I love to cook. Right now I'm on a diet so I'm not cooking much
GROOMING (I thought this was gonna ask if I'm shaved)
22. How often do you brush your teeth – at least twice a day…sometimes more. 23. Hair drying method – Hairdryer 24. Have you ever colored/highlighted your hair – Yes, every 3 months
25. Do you swear – Yes, not as much as I used to. I try to watch it 26. Do you ever spit – no, that is so gross
27. Animal – cats and dogs…I love my 2, want a dog 28. Food – anything Italian or Mexican 29. Month – Oct or Nov...I like the chilly fall days 30. Day – Saturday 31. Cartoon – I don't know....Used to love Bugs Bunny and Friends. Now they have all these weird ones. 32. Shoe brand – I like nike for running shoes…whatever is on sale at Kohls 33. Subject in school – Science 34. Color - Black, Pink 35. Sport – to play...I'd rather watch.....to watch…football and baseball. 36. TV shows – I watch a lot of tv in the fall but almost none in the summer…Discovery Channel,ER, House, Survivor…those are probably my top four. 37. Thing to do in the spring – Clean my house, 38. Thing to do in the summer – FLoat trip, slip n slide, find reasons to get together with our friends. 39. Thing to do in the autumn – Halloween Party, chili parties, football parties, fry turkeys 40. Thing to do in the winter – New Years Eve, hang out in the garage, watch more football
IN AND AROUND
41. In the CD player – Halloween CDs, the big party was last night 42. Person you talk most on the phone with – my brother 43. Reading – In Style Magazine 44. Do you regularly check yourself out in store windows/mirrors – doesn’t everyone? 45. What color is your bedroom – Yellow Walls… 46. Do you use an alarm clock – If not I could sleep all day…thank God for snooze.. 47. Window seat or aisle – aisle…
48. What's your sleeping position – I’m all over the place…I use 3 pillows…1. for my head 2. for between the knees 3. and one to hug…and I flip and flop between both sides and my stomach. 49. Even in hot weather do you use a blanket – I have to have the ceiling fan on…I use a sheet year round and a blanket 50. Do you snore – I'm not sure 51. Do you sleepwalk - Um, yes, I sleep Pack...ask my hubby 52. Do you talk in your sleep - yes, a lot 53. Do you sleep with stuffed animals - nope 54. How about with the light on – no, I need complete darkness, 55. Do you fall asleep with the TV or radio on – no
So far so good. Granted its only been 2 days but hey, give me a break. I slept in this morning which wasn't so much a good thing, now my feeding schedule is all screwed up. I'm just now finishing up my first snack....a yummy chocolate protein shake.
I made it to the gym for my cardio around noon. Did 30 minutes and then hung around for a few minutes making fun of Dave and Mike (my hubby).
I'm off to the local Walmart to buy the required 50lbs of candy that the little brats will consume next Monday night. It's so not fair. I have to go spend the money on all this damn candy and I can't even have a freaking piece.
Okay so I'm putting this as day one. I've actually been working out for 1 week now, but today is the first day of my diet from hell. I've committed to trying it for one month. My trainer seems to think that if I follow the diet and exercise program, that I could potentially lose 20lbs in one month. Seems like an awful lot to me to lose in one month, but I'm paying him right??
Here is what I get to eat....everyday.....for one month.....except Sat. when its my free day. Even then, I still can't eat any fast food or drink any soda.
Breakfast: 1 packet of instant oatmeal Snack: 1 protein shake Lunch: Green salad, if its green I can put it in their, with 1/1/2 tbsp fat free dressing Snack: 1 protein shake Dinner: 6 oz chicken breast, 1 small sweet potato, regular potato or 1/2 cup brown rice and 1/2 cup of green beans or brocolli Snack: 4 sticks of celery with peanut butter or 4 carrot sticks
Sounds yummy huh?
Here are my stats and current picture.....don't laugh at me.
SO the weekend started out good with Friday night putting finishing touches on the Halloween Party. Saturday, I did nothing...I sat on my fat ass (not for much longer), until around 4:30pm. I headed to up my sis in law and on the yearly girls only slumber party. No, there was no naked chicks or lesbian action, except for my 2 friends that are actually lesbians, just a bunch of girls, sitting around, drinking playing cards and the occasional Karakoke song. Here are a few pics for you:
The only Lesbian action of the night
The Girls, Mindy, Nikki, Chris, Amanda, Diana, Karen and Me
I'm mad at mother nature, I want it to be fall and stay that way. I'm tired of it being 50 one day and 80 the next. I'm tired of wearing my summer stuff and want to drag out the fall clothes. There's another hurricane brewing in the Caribbean, Wilma. One of the staff at the office is convinced that this is the beginning of the end.
So my Hubby, myself and a friend decided that it was time to join a gym. We had our initial training session yesterday and discovered that we are not as fit as thought. At first, everything was great, Keith (the trainer) asked me a few questions (that was easy), showed me how the machines worked (a little work but still easy), and then he said 10 mins of dynamic training. This was his quote, " I can show you how to burn 500 calories in 10 minutes." I was looking at him like he was a 3 headed cow. He wanted me, who likes to sit on her ass, watching TV, drinking a nice cold beer,to do something that would burn 500 calories. Oh, I'm in so much trouble.
So it began: Don't laugh at me until you try it, it was hard. He started out with some jumping jacks, running in place, squats. At this point I'm sure my face is as red as the shirt Keith was wearing, sweat is pouring off of me and I feel like my lungs are about to explode. He finally let me stop and get a drink....Back to it, with step ups, wall squats, planks, pushups and then I collapsed. I told him I was dying......it had been 5 minutes. I felt like such a loser.
Today, we got up at 6:30am, jumped in the car and headed to the gym. Did 25 mins on the elliptical machine and came home. That was much easier. I think yesterday I was not mentally prepared for the cardio workout Mr. Keith gave me. Let's see what the rest of the week will bring. Right now, my butt and arms hurt so bad. My husband keeps telling me, it will be worse tomorrow....Great, I can't wait.
Ah, the first few days of fall. Crisp clean air, turning leaves and for Paula....A cold. It seems that every year around this time, my body decideds to rebel against me for clothing it in heavy sweaters and jeans and gets sick. Its not a really bad cold, just enough to make you want to stay in bed all day. You know the kind, head feels like someone has it gripped in a vice grip, body aches, the chills. Contrary to ones belief, I really don't like staying home. It's boring and daytime TV is just as boring. ______________
So, in a previous blog, I mentioned that the Halloween decorating has begun this year. Part of this year included spraying large quantities of red paint through a sprayer onto the black plastic to resemble flames. Well, this stuff will coat anything within the basement. This morning, I came downstairs to assume the "sick position" on the couch to discover that my cat is orange. Apparently she has decided to roll around in the orange dust.....Yeah for me. Not only am I feeling like crap, I know have to try and catch the little bitch and attempt to clean off orange paint. (I will post pics shortly.
1) my uncle: depends on which one, I have a very large family, most of them are criminally insane.
2) never in my life: Have I sky dived, not that I would ever want to. I don't understand the concept of voluntarily jumping out of an airplane.
3) when I was five: I really don't remember, I was probably in pre-school, possible beating on the boys. I was very much a tom boy and liked to beat the crap out of the little boys that would pull my hair.
4) high school was: unfortunately a blow off for me. I wish now that I would have taken it more seriously. I was busy.....
5) I will never forget: exactly how much beer I have left in the house. No, seriously, that despite all my bitching, I actually have a pretty good life.
6) I once met: Pauly Shore...He's a complete asshole.
7) there's this guy/girl I know who: who once squirted an entire bottle of honey into his mouth on a dare. It wasn't pretty after.
8) once, at a bar: a friend and me pretending to be strippers at Roxys. This guy kept hitting on us, so we asked him if he wanted to go with us to work. He said that he had to go to the ATM and that we should meet him at the gas station. DUH, of course we left and went home. He apparently made his way back to the bar to find us, Dumb Shit....
9) by noon I'm usually: on my way to the office, unless its Friday and then I'm probably running around doing errands.
10) last night: I had some awesome Italian food, went to my brothers and hashed out Halloween Party ideas.
11) if I only had the ability: to grow money on trees.
12) next time I go to church, I'll: actually try to stay awake during the entire thing. Usually, I start drawing pictures on the childrens handout.
13) terry schiavo's story: made me angry. I don't want to get started on that again.
14) what worries me most: What doesn't worry me. I'm probably the most worried person I've ever met.
15) when I turn my head left, I see my husbands latest creation, a homemade poker table lying on top of my dining room table. My cat is on top of it licking himself.
16) when I turn my head right, I see: A bag of trash from cleaning off my desk and a bookshelf full of dusty books.
17) you know I'm lying when: I say: I'm not giving away my secret.
18) you know what I miss most about the eighties: big hair....It was kinda fun to see if you could get yours higher than the girl in front of you in class.
19) if I was a character written by Shakespeare: Probably Juliet...She was a princess, was probably loaded, had people dress her...I just wouldn't have killed myself for some stupid boy.
20) by this time next year: I'm hoping to have a new car, paint my living room and be more financially stable.
21) a better name for me would be: first name: "Loud" last name: "Mouth"....Enough said.
22) I have a hard time understanding: people that pick their nose in their car right next to you in traffic.
23) if I ever go back to school I'll: finish my degree in business.
24) you know I like you if: you will never truly know.
25) if I won an award: I would talk about it until everyone gets really mad at me....Just for the hell of it.
26) Darwin, Mozart, slim pickens & Geraldine ferraro: Giant Turtles, Freak, my wallet, who the hell is that?
27) take my advice, never: try to bake on wax paper. Waxy cookies don't taste very good.
28) my ideal breakfast is: Biscuits and Gravy, Scrambled Eggs with Salsa and bacon. Can I get mine without fat please?
29) a song I love, but do not have is:
30) if you visit my hometown, I suggest: you visit the Arch...You just have to, at least once. Go the OZ at 3am and laugh at all the freaks high on ecstasy. It's really funny.
31) tulips, character flaws, microchips & track stars: that's one hell of a wedding.
32) why doesn't everyone: give me a dollar. Everyone.
33) if you spend the night at my house: Beware of the banging cat
34) I'd stop my wedding for: millions of dollars falling from the sky. If any of the guests catch them they must offer them to me.
35) the world could do without: those annoying drivers that talk on the phone, apply makeup and drink their coffee all at the same time. I actually, saw a women doing this one day. She had the phone tucked between her head and shoulder, was holding a mascara wand and had a cup of coffee in the other. What was she driving with?
36) I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: lick the belly of a overweight sweaty truck driver.
37) my favorite blonde is: Jessica Simpson, she cracks me up.
38) paper clips are more useful than: Michael Jackson
39) if I do anything well, it's: the ability to talk louder than anyone else in the room so that I make sure that I'm being heard. People really hate this.
The 6th Annual Halloween Party is in full production. We are getting a late start this year due to vacations and such but tonight is the first attempt at putting together something to top last year. I think we have settled on a theme of Heaven and Hell. I'll post pics as we progress.
Last night in Bills Garage, as the boys were discussing how they were going to build an incinerator, I started to think about some of the crazy things we have done. I decided that my friends and I are drunken fools. Check out this website, www.drunkfest.org/gallery.
We are very good at keeping ourselves occupied while drinking obnoxious amounts of beer. The party hat in the pic above is my, now retired party hat, official drinking hat. It had to be retired in Mexico after a long week of drinking on the beach. Between the sand, salt and alcohol, my husband and I laid it to rest in the cemetary of the trashcan. We said a short prayer while downing shots of tequila......RIP
Okay, according to Daves Window, this is Half Nekkid Thursday, so here is my contribution. This is from last week in my hotel room in Playa Del Carmen.
What a trip!! We left on a hot Sat morning with 8 of our friends and spent one week, soaking up the sun and drinking lots of beer and dirty monkeys!! It was one of the best vacations I've ever been on. It was good to be home and in my own bed, hell who am I kidding, I didn't do much sleeping on vacation. I was ready to come home for some good barbeque, chicken wings, Bud Light and Rams Football.
So recently I've been shopping for my upcoming Mexico trip and have discovered something that I'm call the Morphing of the American woman. Why is it that the fashion industry can't come up with a universal size? A size 10 should be a size 10 no matter where you go. It is to the point that I have to keep a chart of store names and the size that I wear there because depending on the store, I wear a different size. I'm everything from a 6 to a 14, that's depressing.
I swear the clothes are shrinking (no I'm not getting fatter, if anything I've actually lost a little)!!! I'm not kidding, I had shirts that were mediums (junior size), that my 11 year old niece is now wearing. I was wearing these in 10th grade, she's in 6th. Maybe that's why all these little hoochie girls are running around with their belly's and their underwear showing. They don't have a choice, the clothing manufactures are slowing shrinking the clothes. Have you seen the size of some of these t-shirts? They look like they could of fit my Cabbage Patch Dolls.
I stole this from somebody, don't remember who, thought it would be cool
10 years ago... Lets see, I would have been getting ready to start my Senior year of High School, (go bulldogs). If I remember correctly, I was spending every morning(7:00am-9:30am)the week before school started at cheer practice. The spring before we qualified for state and that was coming up. Working as a 3rd key holder at Vanity in Mid Rivers Mall. Driving my parents crazy and getting into all kinds of trouble I'm sure.
5 years ago... August 2000. Have to try to remember. This was a bad year. Gary died in May, I moved home from Arizona in May. I was living in an apartment in Bridgeton with my cousin Madeleine getting ready to start UMSL. Trying to find my life.
1 year ago...August 2004. I was somewhere in South America. My step-father took, Me and my husband and my brother and his wife on a week long trip to Costa Rica and Peru. It was the most amazing thing that I have done in my life so far. We stayed at the base of an erupting volcano, climbed Machu Picchu, and ate some food I don't even want to know what it was. AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!
Yesterday... cleaned the house, grocery shopped, cooked dinner(FYI wax paper doesn't bake well), went to my brothers to finish Mikes poker table.
Today...Finish cleaning the house, running to Costco, babysitting my neice and nephew for a couple of hours.
Tomorrow... Sleep in, then clean up the house after the poker party tonight. Head to my inlaws house that evening for more poker.
5 snacks I enjoy... Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies! Chips and Salsa, Buttery Popcorn, Slim Jims, Doritos
5 bands that i know the lyrics of MOST of their songs.. This one is a little tougher.... Garth Brooks, Jessica Simpson, Chicago, I'll come back to this one.
5 things I would do with $100,000,000... Travel the world with my honey, donate a chunk my community, Buy a bunch of cool toys, share with family and closest friends, invest a bunch to live off the interest comfortably.
5 locations I'd like to run away to... Australia, Hawaii, Carribean, Italy, London (I've heard they have great shopping there).
5 bad habits I have... Smoking when I'm drinking, Picking my lip (nervous twitch), being very shy in new situations, not keeping in touch with old friends, forgetting to recharge batteries
5 things I like doing...Surfing ebay, reading, sleeping, eating, spending time with Mike.
5 TV shows I like...Friends, Anyone loves Raymond, any reality show, Days of our lives ( I know, I know), cooking shows
5 movies I like... The Sweetest Thing, Step-Mom, Napolian Dynamite (flipping sweet), Beauty and the Beast, Dirty Dancing
5 famous people I'd like to meet... Robin Williams, Oprah, Jessica Simpson, John Travolta and Albert Einstein
5 biggest joys at the moment... Mike, sigma the cat, our new office, knowing that my house is clean....
As a kid my mom always told me that the older I got the faster the years would go by and to enjoy as much of life as I possibly could. Man was she ever right. I just realized that in less than 2 weeks it will be August. Where did the summer go? I do have to say though that this summer has been one of the more memorable ones. Lets see, we had memorial day parties at all my friends houses, Mikes Baddabing casino birthday party, fourth of july homemade slip n slide and dunk tank. Up next came the infamous drunkfest 2005 floattrip. The first annual film festival is quickly approaching at our friends house and after that is the kids floating trip. We then have a short break until labor day and then we remake the homemade slip n slide.
What a crazy summer! Between mike and I, we could have bought a liquor store by now!!
So I'm cruising through CNN checking out the latest news and came upon this article, www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/08/plane.body.ap/index.html. Can you imagine? You are going out to sit in your backyard and sip some ice tea and you stumble on something. Thinking its a stick you look down and see a HUMAN LEG??!! That would be a little strange and a little scary. Body parts are falling from the sky and landing in your yard. What is going on?
So this guy from Africa is hiding in a plane wheel well. How did he survive the freezing temps that he had to of encountered? What was he thinking? Uh, Hello, its an airplane, its flying really high, its cold up there.
Remember being a kid? When you spent your summers playing in the hose, riding your bikes through the woods and eating ice cream cones on the front porch? The picture below is of a friends little girl playing in the neighbors sprinkler. Too many times now days, I see parents freaking out when their kids get a little dirty. Man, back in the days the dirter the better. We rode our bikes through the puddles left by a passing rain storm. You would be covered in mud, ride home, mom would come out, smile and make you change clothes. There was no yelling or getting into trouble.
I say let kids be kids. It won't be very long before they have to worry about bills, work and all the things that parents have to worry about. Have fun, go play in the sprinkler, catch a lighting bug and chill out.