One of my biggest pet peeves: Bathrooms in restaurants that don't say men and women. They say stupid things like Lambs and Dingos (Longhorn), Shielas and Blokes (Outback) these are among a few of the ones that I've seen recently. Why can't they just say MEN/WOMEN? Drives me insane.
So Mike and I have been mulling over some names for our future baby. This is freaking hard! I keep thinking to myself, this is the name that this kid has to live with for the rest of his/hers life. What if I pick the wrong one? What if my child becomes the one in school that everyone picks on because of the name? I'm terrified that I will pick one and then regret it. GRRRRRR!!!! Anyone know of the magical name that everyone will like?
We made Tators first website, go check it out. We will update as things progress.
Its a dreary Wednesday in St. Louis. Cold, Windy, Rainy, Blah!!! We were exceptionally slow in the office today so I left to come home and do laundry, housework and get some stuff posted on Ebay. Does anyone use Ebay? It's seriously addictive. I have sold a few things on there and bought a lot more. Selling stuff is great! I get rid of my old crap and earn a few bucks in the process.
Christmas was good, I'm glad its over. Now comes the time to drag all the boxes back up from the basement and begin the disassembling of my house. The house always looks so boring once the tree and all the decor is packed back in its boxes for another year. Now is the time that I will start bugging Mike to redecorate, Paint, buy new furniture ect. Anything to liven up this joint.
UPDATE: Tator is doing well. We are in our 9th week and so far everything has been great. We go back to the doctor on Jan 16 and should be able to hear the heartbeat then. In March we will hopefully find out what we are having, right around St. Patricks day. I can't wait for that. I'm still not showing much, there is a little pooch but not enough to start wearing Maternity clothes yet. It won't be long though. I've just started my 3rd month and everyone keeps telling me that by my 4th I will finally start to look pregnant.
Have you ever had one of those days that just plan sucks? Today is that day. I can't go into details but I'm to the point that I want to run away and join a Buddhist camp. Doesn't that sound great? No choosing what to wear (they all wear those brown dresses), don't have to do my hair (they are all bald), no worrying about bills or people bitching about stuff.....Okay, maybe that would be a little drastic but I swear I'm running away somewhere if tomorrow is rotten too.
On a good note, I finally after a year of bitching about it got my husband to clean out his closet. You find the weirdest things when you do that. We found a hammer, 4 "drunkfest hats", we thought had been lost to the river gods, a wig/hat that looks like a high reggee guy wore it(dread locks, pot leaf on it ect), old lab coats from Mikes days in College (16 years ago), a piece of bread (I have no idea), a Switzerland T-Shirt from about 9 years ago and a small alien named Bob.
Mike and I just finished watching The Dukes of Hazzard ( the movie). Not real impressed with that one. My husband did mention several times that Jessica Simpson was smoking....not a good thing to a pregnant lady who is bloated and swollen. It was short and not so sweet.
This morning was our first ultrasound and we got to see the baby and the heartbeat. It was so awesome to see that. I've been so worried that something was wrong, I'm such a worry wart, always have to have something to worry about.
Anyways, the pics come out great, it's little heart is beating. That was so cool to see the heart beating. 140bpm, pretty fast little sucker. Here a couple of the pics:
So tonight is going to be the first snow for us here in the St. Louis area. I'm so excited. I love snow. I love to watch it fall, sitting in my house with a nice cup of hot tea or coffee...ahhh, how relaxing.
Today was the first doctors appointment. Everything went well. We got checked out, drew some blood (yuck), and told me that the estimated due date (EDD) is July 31, 2006. Next week we go back for the first ultrasound. I can't wait for that. I think that is when it will become real to me, when I actually see something. Right now, I'm just extremely tired and my pants are getting a little tight, other than that, I wouldn't know I was pregnant.
Today is also our 3rd anniversary today, the day of infamy: Here's a pic of our wedding day, it still isn't framed after this long. Nothing like waiting 3 years, huh?
1) Was 2005 a good year for you? Mostly good, only a few bad moments
2) What was your favorite moment of the year? Probably being the night before Thanksgiving, when Mike and I found out that we are expecting our first child together.
3) What was your least favorite moment of the year? Being sick for 2 months at the first of the year and being confined to my house the whole time.
4) Where were you when 2005 began? at my cousins house with a bunch of friends.
5) Who were you with? all my good friends and some I don't know
6) Where will you be when 2005 ends? Not quite sure yet but probably some hotel
7) Who will you be with when 2005 ends? Most of my friends
8) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2005? nope, never do, I don't do new years resolutions anymore.
9) Do you have a new years resolution for 2006? have not thought that far yet
10) Did you fall in love in 2005? just more in love with my hubby
11) Do you regret it? Never
12) Did you breakup with anyone in 2005? nope
13) Did you make any new friends in 2005? yes I did
14) Who are your favorite new friends? I don't have favorites I love them all.
15) What was your favorite month of 2005? November
16) Did you travel outside of the US in 2005? yes, Playa Del Carmen
17) How many different states did you travel to in 2005? I don't think any,
18) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2005? no, and I hope it stays that way
19) Did you miss anybody in the past year? No
20) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2005? thats hard I can't even remember some of the movies
21) What was your favorite song from 2005? BANANAS...thats for Emily
22) What was your favorite record from 2005? ??
23) How many concerts did you see in 2005? Nada
24) Did you have a favorite concert in 2005? nope
25) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2005? Yea, up until I found out that I was preggers.
26) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2005? no way,
27) How many people did you sleep with in 2005? Just one?
28) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year? Oh lets see, I'm sure there was something I stupid I did...
29) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2005? ????
30) Did you treat somebody badly in 2005? I probably did
31) Did anyone treat you badly in 2005? I'm not sure, maybe
32) How much money did you spend in 2005? too much to even think of
33) What was your proudest moment of 2005? Realizing that I have a wonderful family and that I'm married to the most awesome man in the world.
34) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2005? don't know
35) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2005 and change something, what would it be? To not jump in to things too fast. I am very impetuous and don't like to think about things before I jump in with both feet.
36) What are your plans for 2006? Living my life the way its supposed to be, enjoying being a mother for the first time.
Over the weekend, we decorated a tree at my brothers house in his garage. My brother comes outside with a little potatoe that he had drawn a face on. He said that it was tator and hung him on the tree. I thought that was so funny!
Apparently there are side effects to pregnancy, one of them being, becoming a crazy, stark raving mad lunatic. Here I am in the grocery store, standing in line behind Ole Betty Blue and her hubby, when the lady behind me starts whining. Apparently, the old people had a raincheck for something and the cashier had no idea what to do with it. She had to call the manager who came over and fixed it. Took about oh, 3 minutes, not a big deal. The wench behind me started sighing loudly, swearing under her breath and just being annoying. I don't have the patience for annoying people these days, thanks to all these hormones raging through me. Anyway, I so wanted to throw my grapefruit at her and tell her to shut the F**k up.
My husband thinks its funny to annoy the piss out of me. He knows I'm very temperamental right now and loves to push my buttons. Just wait until our 2 month gets the poos at 2 in the morning, guess who is going to be getting up with that? He will get his dues.
Here is something else that is driving me nuts. All these books and websites I've been reading have me so flippin paranoid right now. They all tell you not to eat deli meats, peanut butter, caffiene or a lot of salty food. I'm sorry but the last thing I want to eat right now, is a nice bowl of lettuce. It's amazing how much food you can consume when pregnant. I know you are eating for two but good Lord. I've eaten so many chocolate chip cookies, I sometimes wonder if I will give birth to one.
Whoever reads this blog, you are in for one bumpy ride. The next nine months should bring a side of me that nobody will ever want to see again, including me.
So this is the name Mike and I came up with until we know if it is a boy or girl...Tator. I know it's a little weird but I needed to call it something. So from now on, when I mention Tator, you know what I'm talking about and it's not just a weird obsession with potatoes.
Last night sucked! I don't know why but my legs were crampy and I couldn't sleep worth a crap. You don't realize how much you love your sleep until its interrupted a dozen times with crampy legs and the 20 trips to the bathroom to pee.(one of the side effects of being pregnant, so I hear.) I've mastered the ability to crawl out of bed, cross the dark bedroom, go to the bathroom, stop for a drink of water, crawl back into bed, all without even opening my eyes.
I've discovered that this pregnancy is bringing things out of me that I didn't know existed. I think I'm a pretty mild mannered person, but ask my husband what happens when you won't stop pestering me. I've also discovered that this brings on a whole new meaning to shopping. I mean, there are all kinds of stores that I've never been in before that I get to explore now. All the baby stores and maternity stores....This is going to be so much fun.
One more thing, I've noticed that since I found out about Tator, it seems everyone around me is PG. You don't notice it until it happens to you. I guess the same goes with anything, buy a new red car and suddenly it seems that everyone in the world is driving a red car.