Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I think she should win the Darwin Award

I was sitting at the house reading the local paper trying to get in my daily news, when I came across this story. Apparently, this highly intelligent woman (dumb ass) decided that it would be a good idea to take a short cut across the railroad tracks. Now mind you, the crosswalk was only about 100 yards from the women. She also had in tow her 3 children. Instead of taking the extra 5 minutes and walking the distance, she decides to duck under the train and instructed her children to do the same. Unfortunately, as the last child was "ducking under", the train lurched forward and severed the young girls arm. What the hell was she thinking? It's so amazing to me that she actually thought it would be a good idea to do this, let alone let her children do it. People should have to have some sort of test done before they can conceive to make sure their brains work.

While I'm bitching, here's something else that drives me insane. People that refuse to look before stepping off the curb into traffic. I understand that pedestrians have the right of way, but when I'm already half way through the crosswalk and you decide to step out in front of me, excuse me if I run over your ass. Whatever happened to "look both ways before you cross the street?" I actually had a women yell at me and give me the finger, when she walked in front of my car. I was in the middle of the crosswalk when she started to cross.

Same thing goes for people on bicycles in intersections. A couple of years ago I was making a right hand turn in the subdivision, when this schmuck on his bike on the sidewalk approached. I was halfway into the subdivision and instead of the biker stopping, he kept going and ran into the back of my car. He yelled at me that he had the right of way. I so wanted to go back and run him and his crappy bike over.

No comments: