Thursday, October 13, 2005

Watch out Jessica Simpson....

So my Hubby, myself and a friend decided that it was time to join a gym. We had our initial training session yesterday and discovered that we are not as fit as thought. At first, everything was great, Keith (the trainer) asked me a few questions (that was easy), showed me how the machines worked (a little work but still easy), and then he said 10 mins of dynamic training. This was his quote, " I can show you how to burn 500 calories in 10 minutes." I was looking at him like he was a 3 headed cow. He wanted me, who likes to sit on her ass, watching TV, drinking a nice cold beer,to do something that would burn 500 calories. Oh, I'm in so much trouble.

So it began: Don't laugh at me until you try it, it was hard. He started out with some jumping jacks, running in place, squats. At this point I'm sure my face is as red as the shirt Keith was wearing, sweat is pouring off of me and I feel like my lungs are about to explode. He finally let me stop and get a drink....Back to it, with step ups, wall squats, planks, pushups and then I collapsed. I told him I was dying......it had been 5 minutes. I felt like such a loser.

Today, we got up at 6:30am, jumped in the car and headed to the gym. Did 25 mins on the elliptical machine and came home. That was much easier. I think yesterday I was not mentally prepared for the cardio workout Mr. Keith gave me. Let's see what the rest of the week will bring. Right now, my butt and arms hurt so bad. My husband keeps telling me, it will be worse tomorrow....Great, I can't wait.

3 comments:

Chris Johnson said...

The end result is so worth it! Wouldn't you love to be walking the river next year on the float trip and having all the guys staring at your tits and all the girls staring at your 6pack! (Of course not the 6 pack you are drinking but the one you stomach is wearing!) :D

Dr. Mike said...

Oh I can't wait to meet with Colonel Chad Monday morning.. He's going to wear out watching my suffering!

Dave Morris said...

Paula, Mike and I have a plan to make Chad feel so bad about himself that he will quit his job. Then we're off the hook!

I suggest you do the same with Keith.