Wednesday, July 09, 2008

It was a long day.....

It started out with Ella and I going to the license bureau to title our new van. Thought I had all the necessary paperwork, waited in line for 20 minutes WITH A 2 YEAR OLD, only to be told that I didn't have all the necessary paperwork. Seems that in the 5 years since I last bought a vehicle, Missouri has changed the way things are done. The title is now given to the buyer, not mailed to the loan company. So, when the lady told me this, I started to argue with her, while wrestling a 2 YEAR OLD! Why would I have the title? I asked her...It's a brand new car, the loan company has the title I say. She keeps telling me, no the dealership should of given it to you.

Now I'm mad and march off to the car. Get Ella settled with Elmo and call Mike. He calls the dealership and calls me back. I know have to drive from Harvester all the way to Wenztville to get the flipping title. The dealership never told us that we had to pick it up....So here I am, mad, pregnant, hormonal and MAD!! Mike had apparently made me sound like a raving lunatic because the finance lady that MET me at the door was very nice and apologetic. By then, I had calmed down and found it kinda funny. I think she was expecting me to come screaming into the building by the look on her face when she saw me.

Anyways, in the end everything worked out. Got all the paperwork, stood in line again for 20 minutes with a 2 YEAR OLD and got the new plates for the van. Some very nice old lady fed Ella candy for 20 minutes...God Bless You!

__________________________

I was on the hunt for sand buckets for Ella's birthday party...couldn't find them anywhere. I looked at Walmart, Target, Dollar stores, Marshalls and finally Hobby Lobby! I did however discover that Hobby Lobby has their calendar messed up. They apparently think it's fall.....I couldn't find a sand bucket BUT I did find 10 aisles of CHRISTMAS STUFF!! Seriously!! I mean, garland, ornaments, ribbons, crafts you name it, they had it. I was laughing so hard, I almost peed my pants, which is not very hard for me these days. I almost bought Christmas tins to put the goodies in...thought the parents would at least get a good laugh out of that but nixed that idea.

I did finally find them at the last dollar store I stopped at!

5 comments:

Dave Morris said...

Yeah the new title thing is weird. Don't you love the DMV????

Retailers don't have a clue. Are people TRULY buying stuff two seasons early? I went looking for a pair of summer shoes the other day and they're already selling stuff for winter! It's truly irritating. I remember looking for creek shoes in July once, and not being able to find a single pair my size. WTF? I hate that shit.

Violet said...

Seriously? Christmas stuff? You should've just had Mike keep that wreath up.

Jen said...

I'm telling ya, you should've bought Christmas stockings for party favors.

AlmostafarmerDeb said...

Missouri has a lot of new laws on cars. For one, if you sell your car to someone it has to have the inspections done first! I thought I was being smart in getting a new vehicle just before my plates were due and then I got to skip the inspection, but no, I had to get it anyway before I sold it. Bummer, but at least it did pass and they live in another county so it didn't need the emisons part! Congrats on the mini van, you have entered a new phase of life, the "mini van soon to be soccer mom" stage!

Christy said...

I hate going to the DMV. The people who work there are always so rude. Glad you got everything squared away.