Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ella has a habit of getting out of bed at night and falling asleep in various places around her room. Usually it's behind the door so that Mike or I have to squeeze between her and the door to pick her up and put her back into bed. Last night, I was checking on her before heading off to bed and gently opened her door so I wouldn't bash her in the head. She wasn't there...Cool, I thought, she actually stayed in bed and my big pregnant self won't have to bend over to pick her up!

Looked in her bed, No Ella...Looked around the room...No Ella. I finally looked down and spied a toe...yes just a toe peeking out from under her bed! I started laughing and called for Mike to come up and see this. I was laughing so hard, I almost peed my pants! Mike, finally pulled her out from under the bed and put her back into bed.

I'm guessing that she dropped her bink behind the bed and crawled under there to fish it out. She either got too tired and just fell asleep there, or couldn't figure out how to back herself out so she just stayed there. Whatever it was, it was really funny!

This is the 2nd time that we have lost our child under a bed. The first time happened when she was just a baby and we were letting her sleep in her car seat. It was the only place that we could get the girl to sleep through the night. One morning, Mike leaned over and I hear him say, where did Ella go? During the night, she had wiggled out of her car seat and rolled under the bed! She was sleeping under the bed, again!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

That is too funny! I wish Adam slept that good.

Christy said...

Ha! I bet you were scared shitless when she wasn't in her car seat!

Sarah@sweetpeaandjojo.blogspot.com said...

awesome. that's pretty hilarious.