Sunday, November 05, 2006

Some of you may take this as me whining....Okay so I am a little. I just need to vent, bear with me and deal with it!! Why do I feel like I am doing all this baby stuff alone? Regardless of how many baby-care hours Mike logs, I still feel this way. I get so annoyed at his ability to relax..I feel like saying "didn't you get the memo? WE'RE PARENTS NOW! LOOK ALIVE!"


I know Mike works his ass off helping me. But I still have no problem feeling resentful, because when he does something with the baby it feels like he is doing me a favor. He asks me a question like, "Do you want me to feed her?" and I'm thinking, She's your baby too. Don't ask, just do it.


I'm to the point where I'm trying to figure out how to do it all:

2-3 loads of laundry a day
5-6 feedings a day
5-6 diapers, Pooping ones 1-2
1-2 hours of entertaning a 3 month with the attention span of a spoon.
2-3 hours of rocking
2 hours of cooking and cleaning up messes in the kitchen
???? who know s how many hours trying to decipher what the cry means.

Please don't anyone take this to heart. I'm tired, extremly stressed out and just want a day off. Oh, wait I don't ever get one!!

I love my husband dearly and I know he takes care of Ella whenever I ask. I'm just pissy today.....

I love you honey!!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I say all the time "I would love to be Rob White" (my husband)everytime he needs a dish-it's clean, everytime he needs underwear-it's in the drawer-he can come and go as he pleases and the house must just run itself! He also is an awesome dad (when he's there) He works his ass off at work but not so much at home-i also love him dearly and am just venting but just thought i'd share that YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!

Nichole said...

Its ok Paula. Men just dont stress, worry like women do. I'm sure Mike is stressing, but we all know how goofy he is and just displays it in a different way. Which, to us women, appears as though theyre aloof.

It'll get better. I promise. Mine is 11 and I practically raised him alone. Im still alive (A little crazy) but alive non the less.

Hang in there doll.

Diana said...

It's okay to feel that way. I still feel that way sometimes. Just hang in there! :o)

Jen said...

TOTALLY with ya deary......call when you need ANYTIME!!!!

KellyKline said...

Yeah, I was married and had four wonderful kids with my husband.

But I did it all alone.

At first, I was like you, and then I just learned to deal with it and do things myself. Four kids and fifteen years later, I was sick to death of it. PLUS he was traveling 75% of the time.

I'm not trying to be negative or anything, but if I had it to do all over again, I'd ask him to do a LOT more than he ever just volunteered to do. Resentment can be a bad thing.

Dave Morris said...

Calm down and get me a damn beer.

Dave Morris said...

Paula, I do hope you know when I'm joking and when I'm not. I'm a very sympathetic person and I know what you're going through. So please remember that sometimes I only say things to make you smile.

This is not one of those times. I really do need that beer.