Friday, November 10, 2006

As of today I have lost 41lbs since giving birth almost 4 months ago, only 10 more to go.

Of more interest....Ella rolled over yesterday, tummy to back! I was such a proud mommy, my daughter is so smart!! So now she can stare and talk at ceiling fans and roll over. I don't think she realized it as she got that "Oh crap, what did I just do", look on her face.

You know what this means? We are going to start crawling, walking and getting into stuff. I'm not sure that I'm quite ready for that yet. I like my stuff and I'm not ready to have a bare house. I'm not ready to only have the top half of my Christmas tree decorated.

The books say to get down on their level and see what they can reach, get into, ect. So if you happen to stop by and I'm crawling around on the floor, you will know that I haven't completely lost it but I'm preparing for Ella's launch.

I'm going to try and go back to work on Monday and Wednesday. Mike will be here with Ella from 8-1pm those days. We will see how long it lasts. I may need a few of you to call or come by to check on him, to make sure he hasn't pulled all his hair out. My plan is to go to the gym from 8-9 and then head to the office until 12:30pm. I won't have to go in every week but I need to get out of this house.

That's something nobody talked about: the boredom. At this age, Ella still takes several naps during the day and I'm going crazy in this house. I don't get to have any adult interaction except with my husband. I need to get a life!! SO, I'm going to try to work 2 days a week. I've also joined a Moms group here in the area. I'm so ready to get out and meet some other moms with little ones.

4 comments:

Jen said...

YEAH for you!!!! I'm glad you found a group. That was my lifeline in Houston....you prolly don't remember that, but Oh I HUNG on to those play days!!! Ella is NOT allowed to crawl yet!!! NOT ALLOWED to get that big that fast!!!! AUNT JEN SAYS SO!!!!!

Diana said...

That's great that she rolled over!!She's just getting so big, she'll be 1 before you know it. Glad that you've found something to do and to get out of the house.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!! The work and the rolling over.

I remember those days quite well, Bill couldn't understand why I wouldn't stop talking when he got home from work. But when you have no one to talk back to you all day it is exciting to have someone to carry on a real conversation with, and not just babble.

Dave Morris said...

Hey Chris, what are you talking about... you STILL won't stop talking! ;)