Wednesday, June 28, 2006

What is wrong with people?

Okay so today I'm standing behind the front desk in the office and a patient walks in, this is the conversation that follows:

patient: " Oh, your pregnant."
Me: " yes, I 'm due in about 4 weeks."
Patient: " I didn't realize, you are usually sitting down. I thought your face was just chubby, you know, because bigger girls have chubby faces."
Me: " Well, Thanks."


I couldn't believe that somebody just said that to me. Whether I was pregnant or not, who says something like to another person? It's amazing that some people don't think before they open their mouths.

People think that just because I'm pregnant it gives them the right to say things about how big I am. It's one thing for my husband or close friends to say something, I know they are joking. But for people that either don't know me or don't know me very well to say things, it just makes me so mad. Don't call me fatty, ask me if I'm having twins, or call me any of the other names you might think is okay, ITS NOT OKAY!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Nichole said...

Aww Paula! That was just rude! Charge their insurance more money! LoL

Just keep saying to yourself
"It'll all be over soon, It'll all be over soon!"
LuV Ya!

Jen said...

some people just have the common sense of a toothbrush......morons. I think you are bee-yoooo-teeeful......and I CAN NOT wait to hold that little bundle that is making you fat.....ooooops, did I just say that out loud.....just kidding.....oh you know I love you......OH, I am sasssssy today...smoochies.....

Diana said...

That was rude of them! If if makes you feel any better, I had someone ask me once when I was due and I wasn't even pregnant!!

Violet said...

Don't let it get to ya... In some sort of twisted way, that woman thought she was complimenting you... Who knows how some people's minds work?

WORD VER: biqpube... just sayin'

Dave Morris said...

I love you. I mean, you know... for a big girl.

;)

You want I should kick that patient's ass? 'Cause I will.