Friday, September 22, 2006

We sleep!!!!


Mommy is so happy!! After a nine hour drive, (yes people I drove nine hours with a 2 month old), we arrived at Aunt Jennifers. I was so tired, a combination of new mom syndrome and driving 9 hours, all I wanted to do was sleep. Miss Ella had different plans. After being in a car seat SLEEPING for 9 hours, she was not about to be conned into anymore sleeping. So finally at 11:30pm, Aunt Jennifer told me to put her in her car seat to sleep. It worked like a charm; in she went and out she DIDN'T come until 7:30am!!

Ella slept through the night, for the first time for 8 hours, in her car seat!! I told Jen this morning that I'm either moving here or Ella is now sleeping in her car seat everynight!!

Here is the photo that I sent Daddy in Texas of little princess sleeping soundly in the car seat.

I feel like a new woman getting 8 hours of sleep solid for the first time in almost a year. No middle of the night feedings, trips to the bathrooms or uncomfortableness. I think I'll go run a marathon this morning....okay maybe not.

6 comments:

Nichole said...

Save that newly found energy Paula. You're gonna need it for all the other nights...

She's a doll. See you soon.

NiK

Violet said...

woo-hoo! cause for celebration!

eight hours is long enough to sleep off a (mild) hangover!!!

have fun with aunt jennifer!

Diana said...

I thought you & Mike were going to Texas! Not the other direction. Anyway, have fun!

Paula said...

Mike went to Texas, I went to Jens.

Dave Morris said...

I remember the first time I had to be away from my daughter for more than a day... it sucked. I bet Mike is glad everyone's home.

Jen said...

HEY!!! What is Dave doing being all serious and gushy?????? I thought he was the resident smart a$$ always!!!!

This sweet side is making me wonder what in the heck the world is coming to........