Saturday, September 09, 2006

This morning I've almost got Ella to sleep when the doorbell rings. I peeked around the corner and saw that it was a young girl. She was holding some sort of catalog and with school just starting, didn't want to get up to have her try and sell me magazines or candy. I ignored the doorbell and continued rocking. A few minutes ( yes people minutes, I had assumed she had already left), the door bell rings AGAIN! I get up and it is the same girl. I answered, she started to tell me about her magazines and I told her no thank you, I've already bought some. (not true but hey, she left).

Point to this: If someone doesn't answer the door, you don't stand there for 5 minutes and then try again. If they don't answer the first time, they probably don't want to talk to you. Your magazines are not as important as getting my tired baby to sleep. I should have handed her the baby and told her, now that you woke her up its your turn.

I just realized that I've become the "parent". The one I used to laugh at for putting signs on the door that said, "Don't ring the doorbell, baby sleeping."

2 comments:

Violet said...

could be worse...

then again, maybe it will get worse... i shouldn't speak too soon! :o)

Dave Morris said...

Same thing happened to me the other day. I'm in my closet... er, I mean "recording booth" and the doorbell rings. It's a kid with something to sell... so I go back downstairs and start again, and the doorbell rings again. I ignored him both times, and so now I will go purchase a "no soliciting" sign.