Friday, September 29, 2006

So the princess had her 2 month check up yesterday and she is doing great!! She is now 11lb 5oz and 22 inches long. She got 4 shots, 2 in each leg and she was not happy about it. I do think Grandma Karen cried more than Ella did. All in all she did great though and we bought here a new toy for being such a good girl.

So the doctor says we need to be doing at least one hour of tummy time a day. Is he serious? She hates tummy time. The child lays there screaming and crying most of the time. Do I let her lay there and scream? It is suppose to help strengthen their heads. I think I would rather her have a floppy head than listen to her scream like a banshee. If any of you mommys have any helpful hints on making tummy time more enjoyable, I'm all ears!!

Ella slept in her bed all night last night. She has been sleeping in the car seat all night long but we haven't made it in the crib until last night. YEAH!! I don't know if that is from the shots yesterday or what but we were happy.

5 comments:

Nichole said...

"I think I would rather her have a floppy head than listen to her scream like a banshee."

You have to let them scream. Just put on some head phones or something...Funny thing is, you will get used to it.

=o)

Paula said...

I can handle it...but only for so long. I can't see letting a 2 month scream and cry for 20 minutes. She drools so much when she crys, I'm afraid that she is going to drown in it!! She is supposed to be doing it for an hour, so we split it up in 20 minutes sessions.

Violet said...

Good thing I didn't buy that cute little outfit that says it fits babies from 8-12 pounds. It would've fit her for like a week.

Can't believe little Ella is already having to have an exercise regimen. I scream and cry, too, anytime I have to workout.

Diana said...

Glad to hear she is doing great! Cant' wait to see her again!

(I think it's just fine to break up the hour in 20 minute sessions.)

Amy said...

my daughter hated tummy time too so i would do it for like 10 minutes a day-her head and neck are just fine!!