Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I found this quote in a magazine: "Your ultimate job as a mother is to prepare your children to leave you."

Ella is only 3 almost 4 weeks old and that already makes me sad. Last night we put her in her crib, in her room, at 8:30pm. She slept there until 10:30pm when she got up to eat. Mike and I both agreed it was too early to let her sleep in there by herself. Mikes says, "what if she wakes up and needs something?" The girl has a powerful set of lungs, we would hear her. He said it was like watching your child get on the bus for the first time, we are just not ready for that yet.

I never thought my days would consist of getting up at 6 in the morning, diapering, washing bottles, changing clothes a zillion times a day (twice already this morning) and getting spit up on. You know what, I don't even mind. I look into those sweet, blue eyes and it makes getting pooped on at 3am all worth it!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Welcome to mommyhood........they will break your heart, tear it into millions of little pieces....poop on you, throw up on you, make more messes than you can keep up with....they will cost you a fortune, take all your time, and sap what energy you have. But at the end of the day you are a mom, and you love those little hooligans no matter what. And when they need you, you will drop everything to help them. It is the love of a parent and nothing can compare......

Jess said...

I'm not a mom yet but maybe someday we will have kids. All I can say is I think being a parent is THE most important job in the world. Just from reading up on your posts, both present and past (took awhile to catch up!) sounds like you and your DH will do an awesome job. Sure you'll make mistakes, all parents do, but that is life. You are blessed, I don't know you but I am so happy for you---I love to see this kind of thing, it makes the world a much happier place!!!!

Violet said...

Sweet... She is a doll, that's for sure.

AlmostafarmerDeb said...

Have you heard the new song, it's country, By Heartland, I loved her First. Oh my, it will make you weepy. I love that song! It's bound to be a popular one for Father/Daughter dances at many weddings! Anyone with a baby girl must listen to that song. :)
Aunt Deb B :)