Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Get Pregnant, Get a clean house...

I've found the secret to a clean and organized house....get pregnant. Once you get past the 1st trimester of sleeping all the time, the 2nd trimester rolls around and you suddenly have more energy then that annoying little pink bunny. My "nesting" as they call it is in full swing. Let me just tell you what I've done today.

Got up at 8:15am, took a shower, dressed, did my hair

9am - ate breakfast, checked my emails and everyone's blogs....some of you need to update!
9:30am - got a wild hair up my ass and started to clean out my bedroom closet. Attacked it from all angles including using the magic eraser to clean the baseboards and vacuumed all the corners. Washed all the sheets that have been accumulating in the house. I hate folding sheets so I wait until there is nothing left to put on the bed before I do this! Vacuumed the entire house. Threw away all the old magazines and finished cleaning Mikes bathroom.

11:30am - stopped to talk to my sister, ate some lunch, thought of things that had to be done today.

12pm - started cleaning the office.

12:45pm - Mike got home for lunch and laughed at me sitting in the middle of 3 trashbags and lots of paper.

1:30pm - went to Walmart and Target to pick up some stuff

2:30pm - back home and finished cleaning out the desk/office. Threw away 3 trashbags full of crap. Emptied all the trashcans since I was at it.

3:15pm - Finished laundry and started scrubbing the floors in the laundry room. Reorganized the mantel because it was bothering me.

4:00pm - cleaned off coffee table, moved stuff to where it belonged, emptied dishwasher, reloaded and wiped off counters with clorox.

4:20pm - decided that I was finished for the day and am now sitting down, writing this blog.

5:00pm - make dinner, clean up, get Mike out of house to meeting.

6:30pm - vacuum the downstairs and finish up all my little projects for the day.

By the way, this all started because the bug man is coming tommorow for the yearly spray and I decided that the house should be really clean before he gets here, including those corners in the closet.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Now you'll be ready for bed at 8:30. ;o)

Nichole said...

I told you what would happen!! You're house will be spotless until the end of July. Then it will be useless to clean LoL

Dave Morris said...

Please come by here tomorrow.