Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Stuff......

Yesterday was our 12 week checkup and so far everythings going great. The baby was hiding and we couldn't find the heartbeat so they did a quick ultrasound. YEAH!! We got to see little Tator. Baby is starting to look like something...




I've finally had to break down and buy maternity clothes. They are not comfortable at all. The jeans dig into your hips and the shirts tend to ride up on me. I think part of the problem is that I'm not quite big enough yet for them, but big enough that my regular clothes are pissing me off.

Why is it that when you are pregnant the "pregnancy police" come out? If I wanted your opinion I would have freaking asked. Strangers coming up to me and saying things like, " You know you are pregnant ( really?), why are you drinking soda?", " you shouldn't eat that, its loaded with nitrates.". I've talked to my doctor and a soda a day is okay, eating at Subway is not going to cause my unborn child to have some strange disease. Eating Peanut butter is not going to cause my child to be born with an allergic reaction. ( Okay, this could happen but the odds are about as good as Paris Hilton winning an Oscar.)

3 comments:

Mindy said...

It just gets worse...wait until you get bigger and they start telling you how to raise the kid before its even born. That's fun!! But, they expect you to be fairly crabby so that's fun too. ha ha

Dave Morris said...

And the oscar goes to...

Pari... Pa... I just can't bring myself to say it. It's just that ridiculous.

KellyKline said...

There's a shirt on thinkgeek.com that looks like a college shirt but the acronym is STFU - y'know, Shut The F*ck Up! I think I'd *so* wear that shirt now if I were pregnant.
Of course, seeing as how I already *have* four kids and am in the middle of a divorce, I'm sure I'd catch a LOTTA flack if I were to end up pregnant!