Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Dis n Dat....

Why do people have to type in slang? It's bad enough when they talk in it but type it? Heres a classic example from a message board I'm on:

"aww he is excited lol..das soo cute..but yeah this is my first baby and alls ..im due july 6th but i really dont like da deal dat ima be missin out on summer..lol..but i say some cute summer wear i could wear..i never wear shorts or skirts lol..but i know this summer ima hafta ima be soo freakin hot and stuff..so im jus gonna get a lot of cute maternity clothes fo summer..i even saw a cute two piece swimsuit..lol..well n e ways..congrats on ur baby..and happy new years..."

Why does this bother me so much? Oh Wait, I know....Pregnancy Hormones.

7 comments:

Nichole said...

Now wait a minute, thats just usual "Paula" banter. Can't blame that on Hormones.

*KiSS KiSS*

Dave Morris said...

LOL - shiiiyaah, I dunno, P-to-the-aula. Why-dat?

ROFLMAO. Yo.

Anonymous said...

No, it's not just you. It just isn't right for people to have to talk or type like that.

Dr. Mike said...

One Word:

eBonics

KellyKline said...

I tend to type in a similar way when I'm texting just because it saves so much time. You know, when you're texting, driving, and putting on your mascara?
;)
Although, I must admit, I don't use ebonics. It's more like texting shorthand. Like "C u 2nite."

Anonymous said...

Are you people for real? Ebonics--um it's not the 80s? Do you even know how to use that word or are you just idiot white suburbanites spoutin (yes I said spoutin, not spouting) off at the mouth?

Dr. Mike said...

anonymous:

Bite our white suburbanite spoutin asses!