Monday, August 04, 2008

From my standpoint

General observations:
1. Dusty overhead lights.
2. There's the sound of a very large washing machine next door.
3. There's a bazillion useless questions by the nurse. ("Do you have any aches or pains?" Duhh)
("Would you like a visit from our priest?") Uhh, no thanks. God knows I hope we don't need one. ("Pierced nipple, navel, tongue or other parts?") Heh... maybe she should've removed that benwah thing...
4. There's a unique but familiar smell of "hospital cleanser."
5. Haha. I just realized the washing machine sound is the ultrasound monitor. Now it's not quite so annoying. :)


BTW, Dave-- There's a hide-a-bed in here that they've put in since you were here.

4 comments:

Violet said...

Yay! Same room as Sparky! That is good vibes! We are up SUPER EARLY today, but I'm glad it gave me the chance to check in on you guys! Hoping everything goes well. Keep us updated!

Vicki said...

Looks like the same room I was in. Are you at St Joe West? Good luck and here's to a speedy delivery!

Dave Morris said...

GO ANNNNNNAAA! It's just like a habitrail - come on out, you can do it!

Paula said...

Violet: There's something calming about the familiarity of having the same room.

Vicki: Yes, St. Joes West. With that said, I hope the Paparazzi stays away until after Anna is here.

Dave: Good morning, man. I dunno about the habitrail thing. I like to think of it as a finely tuned machine!

(mike)