Thursday, December 27, 2007

So Ella is sick....first time ever! What bothers me is that on Christmas Day we had my family over. There were 2 sick kids and 2 sick adults! Piece of advice, if you kid is hacking all over the place and you are sick don't come to my house! What are people thinking? It would be one thing if I didn't have children but come on! Do people not use their brains anymore?

On one of the message boards I frequent, there are several moms complaining that their kids (at 17-18 months) are still waking up 2 and 3 times a night. They ask, what should we do? They say that they sit next to their bed until they fall asleep, get up when they cry in the middle of the night and feed them, put them in bed with them....WTH?

I've had Ella on a schedule since she was about 8 months old. I don't rock her to sleep, stay by her side, ect. She gets a book, brushes her teeth, hugs, kisses and off to bed. I think these kids have never learned to fall asleep on their own. I wouldn't be a very pleasant person if I was still getting up a couple of times a night to feed Ella.

At this point, the only think I can suggest is to let them cry it out. They need to be "trained" to fall asleep on their own and sleep through the night. Man, I sound like a hard ass!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

i know what you mean, i have a niece that is almost one and still gets up a few times a night and i'm like-hey better you than me. alivia has been sleeping through the night since she was 8 weeks old. the only time she is allowed to sleep with us is when she's sick and that's only been a handful of times. you gotta train your kids before they train you!!

Chris Johnson said...

I understand about the being sick thing! Everyone knows how much I hate Kenny getting sick, especially this time of year. Now to March is the worst time for him. If it wouldn't have been Christmas they wouldn't of shown up. I have a customer who CAN NOT get sick, she is fighting cancer. So if I feel the least bit sick, I skip her cleaning. People just don't think about getting other people sick.

Dave Morris said...

we're in New England and rushing home since
we heard our niece is sick. We'll be home soon with a stuffed teddy and some chicken soup. Hugs from Em and me!