Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas is almost here and for once, I'm almost done with everything. I'm hoping tonight I can finish up the last of the gift and grocery shopping. I got my cards out on time, presents are all wrapped, except for the few I still need to buy, and cookies are baked. My house is still a mess and there is the issue of Ella.....


She has been so good this Christmas season, until now. I was worried about her tearing the tree apart and ripping up the gifts but being the angel that she is......she hadn't touched a thing...until today! She discovered the pretty beads on the tree, wants to wear them, thinks its now fun to rip open the packages. So, I've spent the day placing gifts around the house in places I know she can't reach. If any of you receive a gift with a "patch" on it..you can think Ella! I wasn't re-wrapping anything so I just creatively "patched" the spots. I think it will give it character, don't you? I just hope that I don't forget where I put things and end up finding them after the Christmas season.


We didn't get Ella's picture taken with Santa this year, so don't be looking for one. She is terrified of the Big guy and I wasn't in the mood to traumatize the poor kid by forcing her to sit on his lap. Besides, we have the same Santa at the mall as we did last year and the old guy was shaking so much I was afraid to hand my new baby over to him. I beleive it's a Parkinson's thing, not from missing the alcohol!!


So in its place, I give you the best of Ella...in the Santa Hat!!





2 comments:

Jen said...

CHicken!!!! My favorite all time Santa photo is of Charles, about Ella's age (me prego with Grant)...anwyhooooo, Santa is smiling fabulously while holding my son who is screaming his head of straight and stiff as a board. Cracks me up!!!

That was the last time I did that.....I decided after that THAT IF they wanted to sit in his lap, great...if not, saves me $50......

Diana said...

Cute pictures! Merry Christmas!