Friday, March 17, 2006

Surprise!!!

Yesterday was our 20 week office visit and anatomy ultrasound. They check to make sure all of the organs are formed correctly and that the baby has all the parts it is supposed to have. While we were in there the Sonographer asked us if we wanted to know the sex, of course we said, even though we already knew.

(If you don't already know we had gone into the 3D place about 3 weeks prior and was told it was a boy.)

She looked around for a minute and said, "congratulations, It's a defiantly a Girl!"

Mike and I both got that the deer in the head light look and I started stammering....Uh, Uh, Uh. Then I told her what we had done and showed her the pic of the "Boy Parts." She says, "Well, if I had looked at these, I would have said it was a girl with her hand between her legs." Mike and I were in totally shock and I made her look 4 more times before I was satisfied. She told us that she never says 100% but if it was her Ultrasound, she would go home and paint the room pink!

So our little man has turned into a little Lady! Alex James is now a Ella Marie and we have a ton of work to do. We started re-registering last night and now we have to pick out bedding and repaint the room!!

Here are the pictures:

Ella's girl parts



Ella's Profile



Ella's Foot

3 comments:

Dave Morris said...

Either way, I'm happy. But it's more fun to spoil a niece than a nephew... at least in my experience.

If you need help painting, call me. I'll be sure to have my ringer turned off. ;)

Mindy said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I'm in shock. Well, Mike, you better get your paint bucket ready.

Dr. Mike said...

Let's be careful how we look at my daughter's .. uhh.. nekkidness!