Tuesday, February 15, 2005

House Bound

It has been a long time since I posted. Since the 1st of Jan I have been sick. Fighting off just about everything you can think of. I think my stress level finally hit its peak and caused my immune system to collapse.

Can I just say that daytime television is about as boring as being forced to stare at a wall for 8 hours a day. I have resorted to the really bad stuff, Full House, Boy meets world, Days of our Lives. These soaps that are on are totally funny. I watch them for the comedy. I mean really, how can one person die, come back to life, get kidnapped and taken to an island, fall in love with another man, have a baby, age 10 years and then come back to their home and everyone acts like its no big deal. This all happens over the course of 2 weeks. Its amazing to watch.

I have learned lots of trivia watching Jeopardy, how to lose weight, talk to my kids, dress for less and generally revamp my life by watching Oprah. I'm fully aware of everything going on in the St. Louis area from watching the news 4 times a day (9am, 11am, 5pm and 9pm) and Show me St. Louis. I have learned how to make everything from Italian to Mexican, how to throw the best parties, how to decorate cheap and shop at flea markets, thanks to the food network and HGTV. I have learned that too many people don't know who the father of their childrenare, are overweight, have cheated on their spouses from watching Maury, Dr. Phil and Jane Pauley.

Their is nothing on the TV during the day. I am tired of being in this flipping house, I feel like its a jail.

Okay, enough whining for now, I have to get ready for Oprah

1 comment:

Dave Morris said...

Paula, you're ALIVE! We're so glad you posted, we've missed you!

Didn't you know that Judge Judy is the only REAL way to reach legal settlement?

And that I am wearing ass-less chaps right now because a guest of Jerry Springer said it's alright?