Friday, July 07, 2006

He's the Best!!


I have to say that the last nine months has been pretty easy. I've had my husband by my side the whole time and I couldn't ask for any better. I've heard and read stories about husbands that are oblivious to the fact that their wives are pregnant. He has pampered me and spoiled me a little bit and I want to thank him.

Thank you for all the late night ice cream trips (I'm going to miss Fritzes).
Thank you for enduring the realllllllly slooooooow talkkkkkker at the childbirth class (giggles and all).
Thank you for putting up with my hormonal days (yes, I really am crying at a car commercial).
Thank you for getting my iron, fish, prenatal, tums, sudafed pills on a daily basis.
Thank you for getting up at 4am to get me an ice pack for my itchy belly.
Thank you for rubbing my feet almost every night, even though I know how much you hate that yucky lotion feeling on your hands.
Thank you for putting up with my needing to be in bed by 10pm, even on Weekends.
Thank you for gaining the necessary husband pregnancy weight along with me, I don't feel so alone in the thought of losing all this weight in a few weeks.
Thank you for understanding when my feet are swollen beyond recognition and you run into the store for me.
Thank you for always scoping out the parking lots to make sure there are not better parking spots than the one you are about to park in. (even though I know you hate doing this)

I'm sure there are plenty more thank you's in the future, this is just a start.

I love you!!

Your swollen, tired, hormonal wife!

5 comments:

Dr. Mike said...

You are quite welcome! I'm actually not just doing it for you, I'm doing it for baby Ella also.

Now, get off the computer so I can take you shopping!!

(Just kidding, guys...)

Dave Morris said...

Hey Mike, would you rub MY feet?

Diana said...

That's so sweet! Mike you are a great guy!

Greg said...

Sounds like a good guy, that Mike. And it looks like he's sharply dressed, too. Lucky you! And best wishes for you and your family!!

Nichole said...

Paula, you truly are lucky to have a husband as sweet and doting at Dr. Mike.