Monday, July 17, 2006

38 weeks.....

Yes people I'm still pregnant. This has been the longest month EVER!!! I've made it almost the whole nine months with everything being pretty easy. These last few weeks have started to get pretty miserable. I'm swollen from retaining water and the heat, its been 99-100 degrees everyday. I'm itchy from this rash called PUPPPS. Only pregnant women get it and they don't really know what causes it or how to get rid of it. I've tried every possible anti-itch cream, lotion and potion and nothing has worked. The only thing that gives me some relief is ice packs. So now, not only is Mike dealing with my 8 pillows in bed, but he is also sleeping next to Frosty the Snowman!!

I've set up camp inside the house and am refusing to leave it until either Ella decides its time to make her grand entrance into this world or the temp drops below 90. I've been running around here in my night gown because its loose, cool and doesn't irritate my itching. If you happen to stop by, don't be surprised to see me in my beautiful MuMu!!

8 comments:

Jen said...

I did warn you about the last month...didn't I???? It goes by so slowly and you are so uncomfortable so that when labor starts you are GLAD to have those pains!!! Hang in there, soon we will be snuggling and loving that little baby.....can't wait!!!!!!!!

Diana said...

Well, according to the weather man it looks like by Friday and Saturday you'll be able to come out of the house. :o)

Dave Morris said...

Yeah let's get you outside a little, you need some fresh air.

And my truck needs to be washed.

;)

Violet said...

Hang in there, Paula... I can't imagine how uncomfortable you are. Less than a couple more weeks to go!

Jess said...

Holy cow you haven't had that baby yet?

Good luck!!!

Amy said...

I was pretty lucky and missed all of that-my daughter was 3 weeks early!! I would suggest eating alot of salsa and do some heavy lifting!! That should move things right along!!

Nichole said...

Awww you'd look beautiful in a potato sack! It won't be long. She'll be here soon!

Jen said...

will you come on and get that baby out already.............. geesh!!!! An aunt can't wait forever ya know........