Friday, April 14, 2006

Touchy Subject

Mike and I were discussing the fact that a women in the US can have a late term abortion just because they decieded that they didn't want it, through the 2nd Trimester, week 27. I know this is a touchy subject and before I was pregnant wasn't real sure how I stood on the issue. Thinking about it now, when Ella is 24 weeks, it just makes me sad. This is a photo of what a 22 week old baby looks like, Ella is 2 weeks ahead of this:


I don't mean to offend anyone, or start any sort of argument. I just wanted to state my thoughts. Right now as I'm sitting here, I can feel her moving and kicking me in the ribs. While I'm totally enjoying that part of it :), I couldn't even imagine having an abortion at this time. If she was to be born today, she has a pretty good chance of survival.

On a different topic, for those of you who are not keeping up with her website, I will post on here how the doctors visit went yesterday. Each visit the doctor measures my Uterus and in CM, it should equal the number of weeks that I am. As of yesterday I'm measuring 26 weeks, 2 weeks bigger. I asked the doctor what that meant and she said that if it goes over 2 weeks, then another Ultrasound will be done and my due date will be adjusted. Little Ella may be earlier than we thought. Her heart was good beating at 141 BPM.

We started our Childbirth Prep Classes Wed. night. The information is useful, Mike is a little bored, (been through this how many times in school)? One of the nurses giving the class is a horrible speaker and makes the class drag on but there are some good things too.

5 comments:

Nichole said...

Yeah, pregnancy can make you change the way you see a lot of things.

Diana said...

I agree with you.

I did see the update on Ella's website and she better not come two weeks early! One week would be fine, but she's not allowed to be born while we're on a float trip! ;o)

Dave Morris said...

No births during drunkfest, it just wouldn't be right!

Dr. Mike said...

If you men out there wanna meet us at Wednesday's childbirth class, I'll bring the poker chips and cigars...

Jen said...

One minute here!!! Please remember to tell your doctor that your sister (ME) measured 2 weeks early on all FOUR pregnancies AND that no child born into this family in 3 generations weighed less than 8lbs 4 oz (uncle butch).....don't go changing that due date, we have big babies!!!!

Oh and the other topic...yep, I know just what you mean!
Love ya!!!!